Arcane's Tower Defense Strategy - WP7
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival Mode Fun!

4 posters

Go down

Survival Mode Fun! Empty Survival Mode Fun!

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:11 pm

I figured a new topic is in need for survival mode. I'm about to test some combinations out in survival mode so I will report here what I find. Let us know what everyone else finds!

DanJ
Admin

https://arcanestd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Survival Mode Fun! Empty Re: Survival Mode Fun!

Post  DanJ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 am

So I've been playing the survival mode and it is very nice to test out builds and ages. You can even choose a difficulty, naturally for this game I chose to start on easy. The map is called the Laby. At first I could only get to wave 30 but 57 is my furthest ever.

What I am doing is getting mostly arrow towers and upgraded them first, mostly before anything else. I'll have a few fire towers but may only upgrade damage with those. I've been upgrading ages earlier than normal as well which helped me push much further through the waves. I also put down a few poison towers which are great at first but later on i have trouble killing shaman spirits with magic towers, even if i build many more poison turrets. Still the most trouble i have at the end are those pesky fast gobs as they get through even if i have all my tower slots filled, arrow upgraded fully and sniper turrets which are awesome just expensive. I don't have any trouble with the bosses or engineers, just those fast gobs.

I am currently trying to figure out what magic spells work best but haven't found the most potent one yet, for fast gobs. Anyways, that's what I've got so far.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 am

In a future update (next after the one coming this week), we will change the survival waves. Each difficulty will have its own scenario, at this time it only give you more gold. We will also bring scoring and world ranking!

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Sweet that sounds great, awesome to have an update this week possibly and then another one in the future. Thanks for letting us know the inside news Smile

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  n0ob3d Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 am

survival mode is pretty fun but what gets annoying are those shamans that have two lives. at around level 50+ is not to hard to kill them physically but to kill them with magic is so freaking hard. what tower does the most magic dmg and i also dont understand the arcane towers. what does linking them mean and what the point of even having them they seem so weak.

n0ob3d

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I hear ya, I can kill their first state very easy but their magic state gets pretty difficult around 50+, even with plenty poison towers. I haven't found the right combination of magic yet, it seems arcane towers would be a must for the magic shamans. I believe linking them adds an extra point of dmg for each tower linked. It also seems like you would want poison towers near the arcane towers as it does more dmg as well. I'll have to try out more arcane towers now and let you know.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 am

Hey Cripple and dev... I had a quick question for your guys. When you guys play survival or even campaign. Do you worry about upgrading turrets first or building turrets first? I find myself jumping to AGE 3 and upgrading a lot of talents before I even have half of the squares filled with turrets. I know you guys will probably say to fill the squares first but I was just wondering what you guys think, what do you guys do when you play?

Oh and have any of you devs made a personal map that we get a special "sneak peak" into? Hehe Smile

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:43 am

Tower cost increases when you evolve. If you build tower earlier it is better cause it costs you less money and if you sell them you will win more money. Smile

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryden Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm

That's the way Very Happy

You have to find your own balance between flooding map with tower and upgrade. Upgrade too late will lead you to a rapid death, too soon will cost you a lot of cash to stay alive. So shake this balance with magic and you'll get a great skill.

And as Cripple says, check the sold price of level 1 tower, when you're at higher level... A lil tips to get few more money Wink
Dryden
Dryden

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 am

Good thinking, I didn't think of that. I'm gonna start building more towers first then a few upgrades before I go to the next age, then I will build more towers, upgrade and then the next age.

Once I get to higher age's I will sell some arrow towers for more money. I didn't even realize that I would get that much more money for building cheap towers at age 1 and then sell them later on to make room for better towers.

Thx guys, great info!

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum