Arcane's Tower Defense Strategy - WP7
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain Road

2 posters

Go down

Mountain Road Empty Mountain Road

Post  DanJ Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:33 am

Hello all. I will gladly make the first thread as I enjoy this game very much and I have been playing since its release. The game is extremely hard as I am stuck on the mountain road mission. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it or if anyone else is stuck then lets collaborate.

There is 1 thing I'm un-sure about, the 2nd wave lets you know that a goblin scout is gonna run through the back pathway and if the scout makes it through then the goblins will use that back pathway. The pathway is obviously not a route you want goblins to take because you cannot build defenses there, you can only use your spells. I have tried everything and cannot kill the scout but why would they even put that whole part in the game if you cant do anything anyway, it leads you on to believe you can kill and stop the scout which will stop a lot of goblins from using that back pathway.

Let me know if anyone has any input please, much much appreciated.

DanJ
Admin

https://arcanestd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mountain Road Empty Re: Mountain Road

Post  Cripple Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:10 am

Hi,

You can't kill the scout, he is immunised to towers and spells and does no damage to you.

You have to keep the mana until the first real wave of goblin comes throught the mountain road.

Poison towers are the best choice for the game start too !

Alex

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:49 am

Cool, at least I have confirmation that the scout cannot be killed, thx! I've also been trying upgraded arrow, poison, and arcane towers/talents and that seems to be working so far. I have yet to complete the mission but im about to try again now and I do see mission completion within my reach. Thx for the response!

Dan

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mountain Road Empty Mission Completed

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Ok so I did beat the mission last night. I think I used 7 arrow, 5 poison and 2 arcane towers, I only had 7 lives remaining when I completed the mission. I upgraded most of the arrow turret talents as the range, dmg, and faster shooting help a lot. I did upgrade poison double dmg when applied and I upgraded the swarm where it spreads, not sure if I needed that one tho. In the arcane talent tree I only upgraded the mana pool twice so I had 90. I did find that the arcane turrets complemented the poison towers very well as it seems to do more dmg.

I did have to use magic throughout the waves here and there but it seemed to work out. I did come short through a couple of the mountain road waves where I had to get pretty creative. I won't give any spoilers away but I had to get VERY creative at the last waves to win. I almost didn't make it but the high elves are good people Wink Anyways, let me know if this helps anyone or if you have any other questions. I'm gonna try some of the survival missions now before I go further into the campaign, I would like to test out more combinations and ages.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

Eheh congratulation Smile

By the way, how many attempt to clear Mountain road ?

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 am

Lol like 2 weeks worth... Maybe 10-20, hard to say exactly but something around there.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum